Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cabrillo Emergency Notification via Your Cell Phone

Cabrillo College is now offering an SMS-based emergency notification service for your mobile phone. In the event of an emergency, Cabrillo students, staff, faculty and others will be alerted in real-time important security information. Click here for more information and to sign up.

Books for Fall Semester

Books will be on sale at the bookstore starting August 17th.

You may fill out your book vouchers from FTTW starting the 17th. We will verify you are on the list at the bookstore and stamp your voucher. The bookstore will not accept vouchers without our stamp.

You may get the book voucher process started by filling out your book request forms starting August 10th. Remember if you pick up your voucher from your ETS, you must come to the FTTW office BEFORE going to the book store. We will verify you are on the list at the bookstore and stamp your voucher. The bookstore will not accept vouchers without our stamp. Also, be sure to take a copy of the list of books to the bookstore when you purchase your books. They need to see which books have been approved.


Remember, the book store will not accept our vouchers until August 17th.
Also remember to bring your cash register receipt back to our office ASAP.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dena Taylor has Retired!

We want to let you know of a change in staff at our office. Our wonderful Program Manager, Dena Taylor, has retired as of June 30th. We are sad for us but very excited for her. She will now have more time to devote to her many passions.

We are very excited that our own Catherine Lachance will be taking over Dena's job of running Fast Track. In this new position, she will still be available to meet with students and troubleshoot problems.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Student Health Center Changes for WIA Students

Starting Monday, June 29th, services you receive at the Student Health Center will have to be paid by you at the time of service. They only accept checks or cash (no credit cards). They will give you a receipt (a walkout statement) which you will submit to Fast Track To Work to be reimbursed by the county.

If you pay with a check, you will need to submit a copy of the front and back of the cleared check along with the Health Center statement and the reimbursement form.

If you pay with cash, the Health Center statement will state that you paid with cash so you only need to submit it with the reimbursement form.

The reimbursement forms are available at the front desk at our office.

$5 Annual State Park Passes for CalWORKs Students

With summer here, you might be going to the State Parks more now. Remember, as a CalWORKs recipient you are eligible to purchase an annual park pass for only $5. Pick up the form at our office, have your ETS worker fill it out and then go to either Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park or the Santa Cruz Mission State Historic Park to purchase the pass.